Tinkerbelle

Tinkerbelle

Friday, August 19, 2011

High expectations

So today my sister LuLu got to go with the lady up to the new hill. Figures. You know, everyone just LOVES the blonde LuLu. Of course, I love her too -- she IS my sister and anyway, we look so much alike, with our cute noses and gorgeous legs. So I guess I should be happy for her getting brushed and curried and lots of carrots and her hooves all done. And anyway, she got a shot, which I already had and she needed. Then when she got back, that Krissy got to go up there. Krissy was all beside herself thinking she was going to get to wear the fuzzy pink halter. Last summer, there were some little girls here and they used to ride Krissy, but she didn't like that very much. But they brought a pink fuzzy halter that the one little girl got at the County Fair, and Krissy just thought she was something else when she got to wear that halter. It was all we heard about for weeks, how she looked so special and how soft it was. But we haven't seen the little girls and Krissy has not had a chance to wear that "special" halter since last year. Today, she had to put on a black leather halter. She looked very nice (for a little gray pony) but she was a little disappointed about that. And then I don't know where she got the idea, but she thought she was going to get glitter on her hooves. She has mentioned it several times. I think she heard the ladies at the barn talking about it. Or maybe she remembers the little girls talking about it last year. No one here at the farm has ever worn glitter on their hooves that I have seen, and if anyone does, of course, it ought to be me. But it wasn't Krissy today. So she was doubly disappointed, even with the carrots and the brushing and the pretty foot trimming. I guess those Vermonters have high expectations.
There was a lot of mowing going on in the fields, with that curly-haired British boy zooming around the pastures on the orange machine dragging the noisy box thing and then there was another big red machine that made noise in the fields by our pasture and knocked the grass over. They did it just about all day. It is a good thing I wasn't trying to sleep.
So tomorrow I am hoping I get to go back into the hill and get more carrots. And brushing. And glitter......