Tinkerbelle

Tinkerbelle

Friday, September 16, 2011

tall and short

The lady showed up this afternoon with a halter, a funny brush and a white spray bottle. We did not really want to go up to the white hill, because the weather was good for eating nice grass. Altho when it got warmer, the bugs came out and we had to go to our shed. Some of the ponies had lots of burdocks in their manes and tails. I mean a LOT of them! Krissy and Belle looked like unicorns with their forelocks standing straight out on their heads and my sister DD had so many in her tail that it looked like a club. You had to be careful you didn't get too close to her or you would get clunked with it. So the lady started taking some of the burdocks out. She did that for a little while. Then she put the halter on Toby and led him to some dead trees that are lying next to the pond. She climbed right up on the trees and sat on his back and he walked around. He did this once before in the white hill, so he is already an expert. After she got off Toby, she put the halter on me and led me next to the trees too. She stepped up on the trees and she was tall. Whoa! That was freaky! I didn't like having the tall lady next to me, so I jumped a little sideways and then she was short again. When I stopped, the short lady gave me a carrot and took me back over to stand next to the trees again. Then she got tall and I jumped and we did that a whole bunch of times. Like over and over and over. After a while, I got so bored with the tall/short act that I was almost falling asleep. She did some tall lady variations, like putting her foot in the air and jumping up and down, but that got boring too. So I was standing there with my eyes half closed when I noticed her foot was hanging right off my side next to my shoulder. I turned my head and bumped her knee with my nose. The tall lady was on top of me! She leaned up and her hand appeared in front of her knee and gave me a carrot. That was nice. I walked around a little and then she got off and she was short again. "Now, you're a riding pony." she said.