Tinkerbelle

Tinkerbelle

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ponies!!!!

Okay, so the ponies. I need to tell you about the ponies. First, I should say that there are ponies and horses both here at the farm. In case you don't know the difference between horses and ponies, ponies are smart and gorgeous and cute and hardy and handy and friendly, while horses are big doofuses. Well, no, that's not fair. Some horses are not all that big. And actually, some of my pasture-mates (and even my brother) are part horse. So I guess horses can't be all that bad. Anyway, I live with 12 other ponies. I am related to most of the ponies, because we have the same dad. His name is Bob. But my brother Harley's dad is a big horse named Lafleur. He is an old horse and lives in the pasture next to us. He is always keeping an eye on us, and if he hears any commotion, he comes trotting over to the fence with his tail all up and pawing and acting like a hot shot, wanting to know what the deal is. He feels he has to keep his mares and baby safe. Of course, there is not usually much commotion in our pasture, because we all get along pretty well. Billy thinks he is in charge of the bunch. Billy's mom is "Aunt" Taca, who lives with my dad Bob and my mom. Billy looks just like a horse, even tho he is a pony. His dad is Tustin's Bandoleer, who was the Grand Champion at Devon some years back. But Billy doesn't brag about it or anything. He is bossy tho, and sometimes he tries to tell the rest of us what to do. He is BFF with my brother Harley, cause they were just born a couple of days apart and they grew up together.
Well, it looks like hay is arriving, so I have to go. More later....