Tinkerbelle

Tinkerbelle

Friday, June 15, 2012

That's entertainment

Us ponies have just been plain neglected recently, while the lady is spending her time with those big horses, taking them in the white hill and giving them carrots and riding them around in the big field that has huge gigantic rolls of what used to be nice grass.  She has been riding Artie while the other lady rides around on that hunk Fusion almost every day and they go over by the stream and ride around in the woods and across the fallen trees and stuff while the big dogs bark at them from across the creek.  And she brings those bay horse mares in while the other bay horse mares stand by the gate and yell for them and she even takes those young horses Ferris and Mak into the white hill where she makes swooshing and snapping noises.  So when she came out in our pasture with her pockets full of carrots, you can bet that I was the first one right there  in front of her.  She put the halter on me first and I got to go over to the barn where I got my hair brushed and funny smelling stuff sprayed on me.  Then we went to the white hill where it was cool and I got to trot and walk around and the lady would wave a long stick with a string on it.  Sometimes she pointed it at me and sometimes she pointed it up in the air.  Sometimes the string would say SNAP!   She would say stuff like Trot!  and Wok!  and Whoa! and I did it all perfectly.  I got lots of carrots for doing the right things at the right times.  It was so easy I almost got bored with it.  So then she took some other ponies in the white hill and some of them did it right like my sister Gypsy (she did some of this stuff before but it was when she was tied to a long rope).  And some of the ponies like Tux didn't catch on so good. Tux thought it was a stupid game and he just wanted to leave.   He almost didn't even care about the carrots.  So that was yesterday and today the lady is back at the big horses again.  But us ponies have been eating grass on the other side of the creek, so we have hardly even paid any attention at all to the entertainment in the white hill.  We are making our own entertainment out here.